Hi guys! A warm welcome to my new readers. Having travelled to Thailand from Mumbai, India, the transition I had to make was from one tropical place to another.
Hence most of my clothes were spot on. But all tropical places are not alike. After my trip there are a few suggestions I would like to make.
So what to pack for a trip to Thailand?
- Travel Documents
- Travel Insurance
- Hotel Booking Receipts and Confirmations
- Airline Tickets
- Photo ID Proof
- Credit Cards, Debit Cards, Cash, Traveller’s Cheques
- Emergency phone numbers
- Photocopies of all important documents stored separately from the original.
- Luggage: Back pack, toilet bag or dopp kit, suitcase, and locks.
- Bug spray
- Rain jacket or wind cheater
- Slip on shoes. These are an absolute must because there are many places in Thailand that require you to take off your footwear before entering. Not just temples or someone’s home but also some cafes, restaurants and shops follow this custom. You don’t want to just be taking off your shoes and putting them back on your entire trip, so make sure you have some comfy and breathable slip on shoes. If they are waterproof, that’s an added bonus. Avoid flip flops especially during the rains, you might be at a risk of slipping. You can sport them at the beach. For everywhere else pick something with good traction.
- Water bottle
- A light sweater or sweatshirt for a ride on their AC busses or for the cold nights from December to February.
- The temperature is hot so carry breathable fabrics. Your wardrobe should include t-
shirts, shorts, loose pants, a formal outfit and of course swim wear.
- Power adapter or converter.
Have fun getting to know this beautiful city! Hope my new readers liked this blog. For more interesting trivia and fashion hacks, visit one of the Best Men’s Fashion Blog in India – Theunstitchd.com